Established in 1989, Classical Media is one of the UK’s top production facilities for recording, filming, live streaming and post-production of classical music.
We balance the purist recording techniques with the logistical and financial realities of making high quality live and session recordings and videos on location around the world.
Our clients range from major international record labels to individuals planning their first recording, and we are equipped to handle even the most complex audio or video recordings and live streamed events.
Location multi-camera video recording, live-streaming and post-production services aimed principally at the classical performers, promoters and concert venues.
Location audio recording services for classical musicians, ensembles, record labels and promoters, working in high definition stereo and multichannel surround.
We provide a full range of audio and video post-production services for the classical music industry, including audio editing and restoration, alongside video editing and colour grading.
2020 was the most unusual of years…
… and we found ourselves undertaking some unusual projects with some extraordinary clients…
Highlights from some of the more unusual work we undertook in 2020 including:
- Chineke! Juniors grid video version of the Blue Peter theme tune for BBC TV
- 8 Rosenblatt Recitals “At Home” which have raised over £60k for Target Ovarian Cancer
- A transatlantic collaboration between Chineke! and the Sphinx Foundation recording Samuel Coleridge Taylor’s ‘Othello Suite’ as an 81 performer grid video including 9 conductors – the first time an entire symphony orchestra had been assembled from ‘at-home’ smart-phone recordings!
- Iuventus Quartet performing Shostakovich and Dvorak for the Sherborne Abbey Festival
- Dominic Alldis Jazz Quartet in a live streamed interactive performance for Music & Management
- Melvyn Tan and actor Jack Farthing, filmed in front of a socially distanced audience at the Charleston Hay Barn, Sussex
- Yvonne Kenney as part of a filmed celebration for Richard Bonynge’s 90th birthday filmed at Australia House in London
- Chineke! Quartet‘s tribute to George Floyd
- Paul Lewis in a live streamed solo piano recital from an empty Turner Sims Concert Hall in Southampton
- Members of Chineke! Juniors performing ‘at-home’ as part of the Spitalfields Festival
- And ‘Dec 25th’, the final entry from a Musical Advent Calendar for the Dunster Festival in Cornwall